Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: women drivers?

Junior Member Limo Padawan

Sorry may be a stupid question but is women limo drivers ok? I have heard couple people use them. comments please.

Many women Chauffeurs have gone on to become Limo company owners. Some of the most successful Limousine companies in the Detroit area are owned by women who started out as Chauffeurs. Like any other profession either you "got it or you ain't"

Just my opinion.

David E. Merrill
    David E. Merrill

are female chauffeurs. Cheryl Berkman is the CEO of Music Express Limousine, one of the largest, most respected, Worldwide limousine companies. I am sure she has a few women drivers.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Member Limo Padawan

Thanks David

Patty - SC&L

Watch out for one thing though, sending a female driver out on a stag is probably looking for trouble. You could find yourself on the bad end of a sexual harrassment suit. Any women you hire must be absolutely aware of the sort of thing that happens with your late night business and capable of "fending off" the occasional dufus.

Oh, and you might want to avoid sending women out on certain Eastern Asia corporate jobs. Some people in the world have real ass-backwards views on what is or isn't "proper" and they react unpleasantly.
    Dave H.
    LA Limousines
    Victoria BC, Canada
    North America Toll Free 888 933-5466

Women make great sedan drivers-I haven't had a women drive a stretch yet. I find that their attention to detail and customer service attitude is much better than most men who seem to think that society owes them a living. Hat off to the women of Livery !!!!!!

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler

They are called third world countries for a reason. Their customs and religion can be barbaric and primitive in many cases. We have laws against discrimination in this GREAT COUNTRY !! Only a fool does not use the full spectrum of the population for Chauffeur Recruiting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler

> -I haven't had a women drive a stretch yet.

Dean, Is that your decision or thiers?

My boss always likes hiring women he feels they are much easier on the cars, unlike us testosterone ladent, Dale Earnhart wanabies

I think they usually smell better than most guys I know, better for the sedan work.

Steve Walker
    Azusa, CA
    steve@capriceshop.com
    http://www.capriceshop.com

Senior Member Limo Padawan

No problem there, we have one, too. She drives the stretch like she never did anything else, is doing a great job, takes care of the car and our clients ask to have her again on future rides...

Let's put some more women behind the wheels!

Regards

Rupert
    http://www.amadeuslimo.com

When I worked for the Limo service in Detroit, we drove for one of the very popular local entertainers and his very popular Lady friend from the west coast. Because of the relationship and the trust built up between these people and one of the female chauffeurs, when the lady friend became sick at a venue one night, she turned to our female Chauffeur for assistance. It was a problem that no Male Chauffeur would have been able to handle. Our Chauffeur handled it in a very professional way and receive a very generous Christmas present form this person.

Since I have started my own business, I have one Female Chauffeur who does a great job at weddings. She can anticipate what is needed and has the resources at hand to handle it.

David E. Merrill
    David E. Merrill

Please don't think by my post I'm against women chauffeurs, I'm not. I hire by ability and attitude, nothing else. I just have lost women drivers and contracts from the absurd behaviour of certain clients. No driver wants to be treated as less than human, and it falls on me to not send someone into a situation where I know this would happen.
    Dave H.
    LA Limousines
    Victoria BC, Canada
    North America Toll Free 888 933-5466

Women limo drivers will happen with me. You have to understand that I service the top 2% of the Business travel market-and that, my friend is Six Inch Sedans only with all the extra's. I have been around a very, very long time and I don't do retail. Dean Schuler, Since 1976

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler

> Six Inch Sedans only

OH OK Dean, the way you worded the last message it sounded like you were running stretches and have not had any of your women drive them yet. But if you only have Sedans I understand now,

Thanks for the reply!

Steve Walker
    Azusa, CA
    steve@capriceshop.com
    http://www.capriceshop.com

I will have quite a few women drivers on the road for Final Four. I am looking to hire many more.

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler

My experience is that they are superior in every way to most male chauffeurs. They are always well-groomed, keep their cars spotless inside and out, render great Customer service, and their paperwork is neat and properly filled out. My personal favorite is a part-time Tulane professor in the social sciences who works for me during big events. I have many other favorites. To sum it up: they genuinely care about doing the job properly each and every time. With the men, I find that I have to work much harder relative to screening, training, and monitoring.

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler